To get online with Cyberonic using your Windows 95/98 PC follow these instructions. These are simple instructions that will work with most, but not all, Windows 95/98 PCs.
How to create a dial-up networking connection with Cyberonic Online:
- Double click on My Computer icon.
- Double click on the Dial-Up Networking folder.
- Double click on Make New Connection icon.
- Name the new connection Cyberonic.
- Click the Next button.
- Type in the Number you dial to reach Cyberonic.
- Click the Next button.
- Click the Finish button.
- Now double click on Cyberonic icon in the the folder.
- Enter your Username and Password, and click remember password.
- Press connect or dial to connect to the internet.
- Then you should be able to connect to the internet.
A suggestion from the Cyberonic Technical Support Staff: You might find it convenient to drag the icon of the new account you created, Cyberonic Online onto the desktop, so in the future you can easily double click on the Cyberonic Online icon to connect. This saves you the trouble of going through the hassle of double clicking on “My Computer” and then “Dial-up Networking” first.
How to login to Cyberonic Online for the first time:
Now you’re ready to give it a try. Just follow the steps below :
- Double click on the “Cyberonic Online” icon. (you may have decided to drag the icon to the desktop.)
- Type in your “User Name“. (Your user name will be 3 letters, followed by a number, followed by @cyberonic. or @cyberonic.com .
- Type in your “Password“.4.Check “Save Password“
- Check “Save Password“
- Click the “Connect” button.
- After a few seconds, actually it might be a brief wait, the window will change to a small window with a button.
- You can now launch whatever Internet applications you want to use.
If you still have problems connecting, or staying connected, follow these steps:
- Right click on the new “Cyberonic Online” Icon and choose Properties.
- Click the “Server Type” button.
- Make sure the Type of Server reads PPP: Windows 95/98, Windows NT 3.5, Internet. (picture below)
- In the Advanced Options section, uncheck “Log on to network“, leaving only “Enable Software Compression” checked.
Note: In the future, if you are having problems connecting it is taking a long time to connect, try unchecking “Enable software Compression“.
- In the Allowed network protocols section, uncheck “NetBEUI” and “IPX/SPX Compatible“, leaving only “TCP/IP” checked. Note: Selecting other protocols may reduce the speed of your connection or make a connection impossible. If you are on a local area (LAN), please consult with your network administrator.
- Click “OK“.
Now your Dial-Up Networking connection should be configured properly. Try again to connect. If necessary, follow the above instructions for connecting for the first time to Cyberonic Online.
If this set of instructions did not enable you to connect, or you have been disconnected, please call Technical Support at (888)-9-CYBER-2, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .