Q: I setup my self install router but it I can not access the Internet?
A: Follow the following troubleshooting step to determine the problem:
1. Make sure you are using a filter for every phone at your site. Do not use any filter between your DSL router and the wall.
2. Make sure you have a solid green Link light on your DSL router. Efficient routers have a Link light, for Cisco routers look for the Link light on the WAN side. Possible causes for not having a green light as follows:
– If this is a new installation, even though you may have received your router, your installation may not have been completed. Contact Cyberonic Support at 888.929.2372 or email@example.com to verify your installation has been completed.
– Make sure your are using the cable supplied for your connection between the router and the wall.
– Telco issues. Contact Cyberonic Support to open a trouble ticket with the phone company.
3. Make sure you are using the correct cable between the DSL router and your PC. For Efficient routers use the supplied straight through cable labled red, and for the Cisco routers use the supplied yellow cross over cable.
4. By default, routers are configured for NAT/DHCP. This means you would configure your PC’s TCP/IP settings to obtain IP and DNS dynamically. All devices/PC’s connected to the router will obtain private IP address (192.168.x.x) and will share a static IP in the router. You also have an option to disable NAT/DHCP and have a static IP passed to your network, for this configuration contact Cyberonic Support at 888.929.2372 or firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain your IP information and have them configure your router for this setup.
* * * *
Q: Cyberonic says my line is not yet installed, but I have a green Link light on my router?
A: If you are switching to Cyberonic from another provider and your old provider has not yet released your line your router may sync and you will see a green light on your new router. However you will not be able to use the Internet with the new router until your provider releases your line and Cyberonic provisions your line.
* * * *
Q: I don’t want NAT/DHCP default setup for my router.
A: After you have installed your self install kit and have a green Link light on your router, contact Cyberonic Support at 888.929.2372 or at email@example.com to obtain your IP information and ask to change your router configuration to pass you static IP addresses. Once they change your router for this configuration you will then need to setup your local network to use the static IP addresses provider. You will need the following IP information for setting up your network:
– IP Address: Cybreonic Support will provide you with this information.
– IP Netmask with 1 static IP: 255.255.255.252
– IP Netmask with 5 static IP: 255.255.255.248
– Gateway: Cybreonic Support will provide you with this information.
– DNS 1: 220.127.116.11
– DNS 2: 18.104.22.168
* * * *
Q: I hear static in my phone line?
A: Try to disconnect all telephones from the lines in the house and add one at the time to determine which telephone is causing the issue, then follow the following suggestions::
– Make sure you are using the supplied filters for every telephone at your site.
– Defective filter, replace your filter with another one.
– Use two filters on your telephone.
* * * *
Q: Can I run servers at my site? Are any ports blocked?
A: Yes you may run servers. We do not block any ports, all ports are open by default.
If after reading this page, you were left with questions please call us at 888.929.2372, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .